The Czech resort Karlovy Vary is famous all over the world for its unique water, which comes to the surface in the form of thermal springs. Karlovy Vary water contains many useful elements, including sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, lithium and others. Thanks to this rich composition, mineral water successfully treats diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as diseases of other organs and systems.
Features of hotels in Karlovy Vary
Treatment in the resort is provided by spa hotels and sanatoriums. In addition, there are also ordinary hotels that offer only accommodation and meals, but do not have their own balneology department and do not provide treatment. You can choose such a hotel for a simple tourist trip to Karlovy Vary, exploring the local beauties and sightseeing. If you want to take a drinking cure, you’ll need a consultation with a balneologist.
Everyone in Karlovy Vary is welcome to come and drink the mineral water as the colonnades and springs are open to all spa guests and residents. However, it is important to know which spring you should drink from. Uncontrolled consumption of water without taking into account the special characteristics of the body can be detrimental.
- SPA hotels offer guests accommodation, meals, and treatment in their own balneological departments. The SPA Hotel in Karlovy Vary offers a variety of baths and wellness treatments.
- Sanatoriums also offer guests accommodation, meals, and treatment. The only difference from spa hotels is the supply of thermal water directly to the sanatorium. Mineral water is supplied to them through pipes from spring.
What is better for you to choose a sanatorium or spa hotel in Czech republic?
The choice is individual and depends on the condition of a particular patient, as well as the medical equipment of the accommodation facility. It cannot be argued that sanatoriums are definitely better than spa hotels, especially considering the fact that doctors recommend drinking mineral water only from the pump room. Thus, the water will have the most effective influence and will not lose its properties. In recent years, Karlovy Vary is taking a course for renewal, as a result of which many SPA hotels are not inferior, and sometimes even surpass sanatoriums in terms of equipment and staff qualifications.
People usually come to Karlovy Vary resort for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases. Treatment in the Czech Republic involves a drinking cure. As we have already mentioned, doctors recommend visiting the colonnades personally and drinking the curative mineral water at the spring, even if the water is supplied to the sanatorium. Many guests of the resort have a question: how are the sanatoriums located in the spa town and should you choose a spa hotel in Karlovy Vary with a treatment facility close to the springs?
If you are in good physical shape, you have no problems with the musculoskeletal system, you are easily hiking, if you are not a person with disabilities, you should not focus on the location factor when choosing where to stay at the resort.
- Firstly, you will not be able to know in advance which water spring you will need to drink from. This will be decided by a balneologist after a medical check-up, a survey and an assessment of your health status.
- Secondly, it should be noted that doctors recommend not only to take a drinking course, but also to accompany it with feasible motor activity. Walking through the charming streets of Karlovy Vary with a cup of warm mineral water will give you an incomparable pleasure!
The hotel level of comfort
As a rule, the level of comfort is determined by the category of the hotel or sanatorium and is expressed by the number of stars. However, in fact, the feeling of comfort often consists of many small things:
Anglický dvůr spa hotel
One of these cozy and hospitable hotels is Anglický Dvůr hotel in Karlovy Vary.
Features of the hotel Anglický dvůr in Karlovy Vary
- Located in a historic 19th century building in the heart of the resort.
- It offers 44 comfortable, stylish rooms for an impeccable stay.
- From 2012 to 2014, the hotel underwent a major renovation, updated the accommodation inventory, and opened a new bulk with superior rooms. In that way each of the rooms meets the case of the guests.
- The unique balneological department of the hotel is fitted with innovative equipment that meets high European standards. Living in the “Anglický Dvůr”, guests receive up to 15 different procedures per week – pearl baths, mud therapy, gas injections, underwater massage, therapeutic massage in Karlovy Vary.
- Hotel guests receive free access to the swimming pool of the Hotel Lázně V in Karlovy Vary.
Book an unforgettable holiday today!