The spa resort Karlovy Vary is one of the most popular in the world. It is located in the Czech Republic, at the confluence of three rivers, surrounded by amazingly beautiful nature, mountains and forests.
What diseases are treated in Karlovy Vary?
The resort specializes in the treatment of diseases:
Metabolic disorders and some other diseases
How is the treatment undergoing in Karlovy Vary?
Arriving at the Karlovy Vary sanatorium, the patient consults a doctor who evaluates the state of health and develops an individual treatment regimen.
- It is advisable to take an extract from your medical history at home, the results of medical research and tests performed in advance, and if they are not available, then perform studies of those organs and systems that you plan to treat. Do not worry, the doctors providing treatment in Karlovy Vary are fluent in Russian.
- If you weren’t able to prepare and undergo examinations at home, it’s no problem – you can get the necessary laboratory tests and specialist consultations directly at the resort.
The experience of the resort’s doctors shows that the most pronounced effect is achieved in 21 days of treatment. The minimum course of treatment that allows you to achieve a noticeable result is 14 days, but in this case, it is recommended to repeat the course of treatment twice a year.
Many guests are interested in what is the basis of treatment in Karlovy Vary. The basis of treatment at the resort is the mineral sodium-bicarbonate-sulfate water, which rises from the depths of the earth (2 km) to the surface. The water has an acidity of pH=6.9 and is renowned for its high content of carbon dioxide, chlorine and sulfates.
What is the method of treatment at Karlovy Vary resort?
The main method of treatment at the resort is ingestion of the mineral water from Karlovy Vary.
In total, there are 13 springs that have been mastered so far. Scientists have found out that the water rises to the surface from one and the same underground lake, which is why its chemical composition practically does not vary from spring to spring. However, the water overcomes different obstacles on its way to the surface, causing its temperature and carbon dioxide concentration to change.
The choice of mineral water spring, dosage, and frequency of intake can only be determined by a doctor. You can’t just go to the colonnade and taste the water from all the springs. Uncontrolled intake of water is not only not beneficial, but can also be dangerous! There is a risk of provoking an exacerbation of chronic diseases, cause diarrhea, constipation, and even set in motion stones in the biliary tract.
In addition, the doctor at the resort will definitely instruct you on how to drink water correctly:
- directly from the spring. You do not need to fill water in bottles to drink later, there will be no benefit from such water;
- you should use special drinking cups – specially shaped porcelain or glass cups. Give up plastic, because plastic in contact with water loses all its beneficial substances;
- it is advisable to drink in small sips, with gaps between sips; it is not advisable to drink all the water in one gulp;
- during treatment you should avoid alcohol and smoking, which reduce the beneficial effects of water on the organism.
What diseases does it treat?
Healing mineral waters and mud treatment in the sanatorium successfully helps to cure diseases of::
The circulatory system
The gastro-intestinal organs
The musculoskeletal system
The respiratory system
The urogenital system
The nervous system
Speaking of what is treated in Karlovy Vary, the effects of the water on the body should be explained in more detail.
- Water in Karlovy Vary can increase the resistance of the gastric mucosa to Helicobacter pylori, which causes the development of ulcers, gastritis, duodenitis, and cancer.
- Water restores esophageal mucosa and intestinal microflora, improves liver function and normalizes the quality of bile.
- The mineral water improves digestion, enhances intestinal function, eliminates constipation, has a diuretic effect and normalizes hepatic activity.
- Other important properties of the water from Karlovy Vary are its significant inhibition of atherosclerosis, its cleansing of the blood vessels, anti-inflammatory and detoxification effects.
- Diabetes mellitus is also an indication for treatment in Karlovy Vary. Mineral water reduces the level of sugar in the blood, normalizes the metabolism, increases the level of insulin in the pancreas.
Are you planning a vacation and treatment in Karlovy Vary?
Check out the cozy Anglický Dvůr SPA hotel in Karlovy Vary! The official website of the hotel offers all the necessary information to help you make your choice. For your convenience it is possible to book accommodation directly on the site. Book an unforgettable holiday today!